Another Permanent Certificate as a EU Resident APPROVED!
We would like to congratulate our client Hayley Gyere for getting her permanent certificate as a EU resident approved!
We know a lot of people struggle whether to find help or go through this process alone.
We have decided to ask Hayley a couple of questions that may be of interest to you.
- What is your name and what do you do?
My name is Hayley Gyere, I am the Founder and Director of Victoria Selection & Search, a boutique recruitment company in Madrid.
- What was your legal status in Spain before applying for the permanent certificate as a EU resident?
An EU citizen with a NIE. However due to Brexit
negotiations I decided to seek advice.
- You applied for your permanent certificate as a EU resident, What requirements did you have to meet before being able to apply?
I believe it was five years of living and working in Spain. I was asked various questions by the lawyers who informed me that my responses met the
- What documents or proof did you have to turn in?
I had to present my passport, NIE and Padron as well as company tax records and company deeds.
- Were our lawyers clear about what you had to do? Were they helpful and explained everything in detail?
The Lawyers were very helpful and contacted me with regards to what documents I needed to send over to them a week in advance.
- Did the lawyers tell you information about requirements or documents that you did not know previously?
Absolutely, being self-employed it wasn’t at all clear what documentation I would need to present.
- How long did you wait until it was approved?
The Lawyers secured me an appointment an a couple of weeks (something I know is difficult to achieve) and accompanied me. The permanent certificate was issued then and there.
- What benefits do you have now that you have your permanent certificate EU?
I now know that I am in a more favourable position whatever the outcome of Brexit may be.
- Do you think hiring Sterna Abogados was necessary? Could you have done it by yourself?
Given that I was pressed for time, hiring Sterna abogados was very helpful. They provided advice throughout the process, accompanied me to the appointment and presented the necessary documents. Upon arrival, they had an entire folder prepared with multiple copies of the documentation and asked all the right questions. I simply sat back whilst they liaised with the officials.
- Would you recommend Sterna Abogados?
Absolutely. The ever changing requirements of such processes can be somewhat difficult to keep up with and having Sterna take charge is fantastic. All you have to do is turn up when required with the original copies the
documentation. I particularly recommend the service for anyone who is short of time and think that the service would be tremendously useful for anyone who
struggles with the Spanish language (as the Lawyers all speak fluent English).
Remember that you can also get your permanent certificate as a EU resident if you have been in Spain (legally and working).
Why is this interview so important? Because with everything that may happen with Brexit we would like to show how some people like our client Hayley are already preparing for whatever decision may happen.
If you would like our help or advisement do not hesitate and contact us.