Getting your N.I.E in Spain
In this article, we would like to explain the process and the requirements that you need in order to obtain your N.I.E in Spain.
Do not feel overwhelmed, it is very easy and the requirements are also very easy to get!
The N.I.E means Número de Identificación de Extranjero which translates to foreign identification number, this number is given to an individual for different purposes.
Most people like to obtain a N.I.E number so that they can open a bank account in Spain. The N.I.E is important because this way the government can identify you whenever you are doing any processes in Spain.
There are 2 requirements that you must meet in order to be able to apply for a N.I.E number:
- You must be in Spain legally and you must explain the reason why you would like to obtain the N.IE.
- You MUST make an appointment (cita previa) before showing up, otherwise they will not help you.
If you would like to schedule an appointment you can visit https://sede.administracionespublicas.gob.es/procedimientos/index/categoria/34
- POLICÍA - ASIGNACIÓN DE NIE
The requirements that you must take in person to your appointment are the following:
- EX15 Form (duplicado, which means take two copies). The form must be correctly and completely filled out.
- Must be able to explain why you would like to obtain your NIE
- Valid passport (Recommend taking a copy just in case)
- Tasa model 790 (Cod.012). You must pay this tasa before going to your appointment. The tasa to obtain your NIE is 9.64 euros.
If you have any questions about how to get your N.I.E do not hesitate to contact us and we can help you further!
Our phone number is +34 911 270 920
Our email is firstname.lastname@example.org