With the objective of obtaining a temporary residence permit, there is a possibility that such permits may be granted in exceptional circumstances according to the established law, specifically those relating to Employment Integration (Arraigo Laboral). Those choosing to go this route to apply for a temporary residence permit, must fulfil the following requirements:
- Must not be a citizen of the European Union nor the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- Must not be a family member of an EU Member State citizen.
- Must have lived in Spain for at least two years without gaps exceeding 90 days.
- Must not have any criminal record either in Spain or country of origin.
- Must accredit having been employed for a period of at least six months either through a legal resolution or a judicially conducted conciliation that recognizes such employment. A corresponding administrative resolution from the time of infringement provided by the inspectorate of work and social security may also be valid.
Translated by: Katherine Pascal