Are you traveling out of Spain and coming back between April 12th and April 22nd of this year?
You might not need an authorization to come back to Spain.
La Dirección General de Policía/Comisaría General de Extranjería y Fronteras released a statement talking about the authorization to re-enter Spain after your travels.
If you are NOT traveling by airplane and you will return between the dates of april 12th and april 22nd of this year, you will not need to request an authorization to re-enter Spain if you are under any of the following circumstances:
- Have your renovation presented and under review
- Have your renovation resolved favorably but you haven’t requested your new card yet
- Have your renovation resolved favorably and you have already applied for your new card
If you will be traveling by car, walking, train, ship or anything that is NOT a plane, then you will have to present the following documents that will make up for you not having your authorization to re-enter Spain:
- Valid passport or travel documents
- Your expired foreign identiy card (TIE)
- The receipt from the presentation of your renovation
If you will be traveling by plane or coming back in a different time perios then you will need your authorization to re-enter Spain.
Here is the original statement that was released:
If you have any questions please do not hesitate and contact us, our phone number is +34 911 270 920 and our email is info@sternaabogados