+34 91 127 09 20 info@sternaabogados.com

Student visa to look for a job in Spain

If you have finished your studies and have graduated IN SPAIN and you would like to stay in Spain to live and work here, you could apply for the residency to look for a job.

Who can apply?

The person who would like to apply for this residency must be in Spain legally and must meet the following requirements:

  • Must have graduated in Spain (must have obtained a high degree)
  • Must have enough economic resources to support themselves while they have this residency
  • Must have health insurance
  • Must find a job that is related to what they studied
  • Must apply 60 days before or 90 days after the expiry date of the student visa.

How can I apply?

The person who wants to apply must apply telematically. (Our lawyers can always help and advice you on this step).

How long until it gets approved or denied?

The administration has 20 days to give you an answer. If 20 days go by and you still did not obtain an answer you can assume that your application was approved. If this residency is approved, it will grant the person a 1 year residency time period to look for a job.

Things to remember:

  • You cannot extend this residency (only lasts 1 year), you cannot renew after.
  • The person who applies needs to have graduated in Spain
  • The job the person finds or looks for must be related to his/her studies
  • If you did not receive and answer after 20 days, you can asume it was approved.


The person who applied could ask for his or her family members to also come to Spain if they were also here while the person was studying.

Some documents or requirements may vary depending on your case, this is why we recommend that you come in for a consultation to make sure that everything goes well.