Foreigners wishing to get married in Spain may celebrate it in compliance with the Spanish Civil Code. Spanish communities determine the law regarding marriages between foreigners and Spaniards. Both partners must fill out the application and submit it at the civil registry in the autonomous community where either one of the applicants resides.
The following documentation is required:
- Official birth certificate issued by the civil registry in the applicant´s country of origin (for both partners).
- Municipal registration or residency accrediting the applicant´s residency over the last two years.
- A marriage petition signed by both partners.
- Affidavit or affirmation confirming the marital status of both partners.
- Photocopy of both partner´s ID card: DNI, passport or residence card.